BODY IQ 2016
14-15-16 October 2016
Body Collective // Collective Body
somatic learning•social interaction•collective being•
BODY IQ 2016 will investigate the apparent gap between individual somatic learning and collective living. For instance, if we regard individuals in a society as unique cells within a social body, we could pose the question:
• What is the potential impact of somatic learning on social interaction?
• Since the cells within a body already know how to communicate coherently, how can we become conscious of that inherent intelligence and translate it into a larger, social context?
• How do our survival fears and external pressures, such as war, climate change, immigration, and economy, impact the development of collectives?
• What would conscious embodiment look like within existing social power structures such as politics, education and the free-market economy?
• What if somatically informed experience could inspire a more dynamic connectivity within the context of collective bodies?
• How can somatic methods contribute to the integration of our individual desire for freedom-of-choice with our collective desire for evolution?
This is the general field of inquiry we would like to open. Everyone, regardless of experience or background, whether professional or new to the exploration, is warmly invited to participate.